Making Exams Fearless and Easy

Making Exams Fearless and Easy 

“What you could explain in 10 minutes, my teacher could not explain in a week.” Responses like these keep Roshni Mukherjee on her toes. Roshni’s educational app ‘ExamFear’ provides quality education to students, free of cost, through educational video lessons on Physics, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry.

Born in a middle class Bengali family, with extremely supporting and encouraging parents, Roshni was motivated to be good at everything. Her mother, a homemaker always wanted her to excel, especially when it came to a career.

Roshni was good in academics in school as well as in college. She was the topper in her school, and a Science merit scholarship holder in College. She did her M.Sc in Physics from Hansraj College, Delhi University. She said,  “In fact, while I was in college, I used to get a lot of feedback from many including my friends, my niece and others that I teach really well.”

During her M.Sc she lost her father but went on to complete her M.Sc and decided to choose the corporate sector over the world of academics and teaching. After completing her M.Sc. she was picked by Wipro during the campus placement. She spent three years there, and then joined Hewlett Packard as a Senior Quality Analyst where she worked till about a few months ago. She quit her job to focus completely on her venture.  She spoke to Employment News about her venture and the way she runs it.

Question. How did you get idea for the business?

Answer. I started creating ExamFear videos in 2011, while I was working for Wipro. I always had a passion for teaching. In fact, while I was in college, I used to get a lot of feedback from many including my friends, my niece and others that I teach really well.

I could sense a huge scope of improvement in the teaching methods. Lack of good teachers & good schools with quality education in remote areas prompted me to start with creating online video lessons so that I can reach all parts of the country. Quality education, at the same time is quite expensive which makes it unaffordable for many parents. Therefore, the motto was to provide free education maintaining the quality.

I could have taught a handful of students, had I been a school teacher. I wanted to reach a far larger audience. I wanted to reach students in remote areas, I wanted to reach students who can’t afford expensive education, I wanted to reach the parents who want to guide their kids to help them learn. I knew Internet has solution to everything. An online platform was the best option to reach people.

Question. What was your mission at the outset?

Answer. Providing Good quality Education to One & All absolutely for Free.

Question. How many employees work in the enterprises?

Answer. We have a small team of people passionate about contributing in the education sector. We are still in the process of hiring people with appropriate skills.

Question. What services do you provide?

Answer. ExamFear.com provides a complete educational package with 4-step learning process: A. Watch video lessons B. Ask questions/ doubts C. Refer Notes D. Take a Test

All these content on examfear.com are available Free of cost. Besides, we also upload Science experiments videos which students can perform with things at home. More than 5000 video lessons have been created so far, and many more are in making.

Question. How do you advertise your business?

Answer. ExamFear.com has spread by word of mouth so far. We do not run on huge revenues to advertise. Our Youtube channel is full of appreciations from students, teachers & parents across the globe. There are more than 1.5 lakh subscribers on our YouTube channel.

Question. To which factors do you attribute your success?

Answer. My Hardwork and dedication, my husband’s immense support & the motivating comments/ emails from the students of ExamFear are some of the key factors that led ExamFear to be what it is today. Reading the success stories & appreciations from students all over the globe motivate me to work with more enthusiasm & energy going forward.

Question. what made you choose your current location?

Answer. I really didn’t decide the location. I was working in an IT company, HP in Bangalore. ExamFear videos started back in 2011 as a part time venture. I finally resigned from my job in 2014, and started working on ExamFear full time. Thus, the company is settled in Bangalore.

Question. What is the unique about your business?

Answer. I do not look at my venture, ExamFear.com as a business; it is my passion. Our uniqueness lies in the fact that we provide free education ensuring the quality. We provide a one stop platform for all educational needs of students of Class 6 to 12 on Science & Maths.

Question. Does your company help the community where it is located?

Answer. ExamFear.com helps children, parents & teachers all over the country.

Question. If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?

Answer. Follow your passion with determination, dedication & hard work, you will be able to achieve your goals.

Question. What are the challenges you face in your business?

Answer. Time management has been one of the biggest challenges I faced so far ? since I had been working for an IT company when I started ExamFear videos, it was a tough task to find time for making these videos. I struggled the initial years spending all my weekends creating ExamFear videos, and a couple of hours at night on the weekdays. However, after I resigned from my job at HP, I dedicated full time to ExamFear creating videos and tried to make these bigger and better.

Question: What are your major achievements?

Answer. 100 Women Achievers award by Ministry of Women & Child Development, Govt. of India. Felicitated by the Honorable President of India

*Aparajita Samman by Prabhat Khabar, Jharkhand. Felicitated by the Governor of Jharkhand

*TEDx speaker in March, 2016.



-Amit Tyagi

Sarkari Niyukti http://employmentnews.gov.in/NewEmp/MoreContentNew.aspx?n=WebExclusive&k=54 Sarkari Niyukti - Government Jobs in India - सरकारी नियुक्ति | Image Courtesy - https://connect.talemetry.com/system/production/assets/29613/original/I_HP_male-and-female-helping-at-computer.jpg Sarkari Niyukti http://employmentnews.gov.in/NewEmp/MoreContentNew.aspx?n=WebExclusive&k=54 Sarkari Niyukti - Government Jobs in India - सरकारी नियुक्ति
For more information Visit http://employmentnews.gov.in/NewEmp/MoreContentNew.aspx?n=WebExclusive&k=54

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form