APPLY FOR KUSHAL YUVA PROGRAM UNDER BIHAR SKILL DEVELOPMENT MISSION, GOVT OF BIHAR
BIHAR SKILL DEVELOPMENT MISSION
Department of Labour Resources,
Government of Bihar, Vikas Bhavan,Patna – 800 015.
Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) was constituted in the year 2010 with the vision to increase the capacity & capability of the system to deliver quality skill training and professional knowledge to the youth to enhance their employability and bridge the skill deficit with a view to meet the growing demand for skilled manpower.
Vision, Objectives and Roles & Responsibilities
Increasing the capacity & capability of the system to deliver quality skill training and professional knowledge to the youth to enhance their employability and bridge the skill deficit with a view to meet burgeoning market demand for skilled manpower.
- To facilitate generation of adequate employment opportunities through a policy frame work.
- To encourage and facilitate skill training for youth of Bihar.
- To monitor generation of employment in different sectors.
- To facilitate launching of training programmes for both uneducated and educated unemployed persons for up-gradation of their skills.
- To formulate area and trade specific strategies for maximizing employment opportunities on a sustainable basis in the State supported by private sector.
- To facilitate a coordinated approach in achieving the above objectives for maximizing the benefits over time and space and in reaching out the most needy sections of the population.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Bringing in additional Central Funds for central schemes not currently being implemented in Bihar
- Creating a pool of Training centres with requisite infrastructure.
- Creation of a standardized Process / Operational Guidelines to govern the State's skill development efforts.
- Creation of an ecosystem to facilitate wage and self-employment and increase employability.
- Finalization of industry relevant and demand driven course / sector offerings. Creation of an all-encompassing robust Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for monitoring all skill development programs and the entire value chain.
- Mobilization and Registration of Candidates through a penetrative communication and mobilization campaign to ensure registration of an appropriate number of target candidates in the state.
- The entire skill development value chain will be made IT enabled to ensure online real time monitoring, collated reporting, effective and efficient decision making, reduced turnaround time for various processes etc. .
- Implementation of Recognition of Prior Learning not only in Bihar but also for the migrants of Bihar at other locations of India.
- Ensuring social inclusion through various focused pilot projects targeted at disadvantaged groups like beggars, jail inmates, women, transgender, persons with disability, leprosy cured persons etc.
- Creation of a skill policy and roadmap for Bihar to guide the skill development efforts in a coordinated manner.
- Ensuring Quality of skill training across the trainee life cycle.
- Ensuring retention of beneficiaries in training program through the provision of a refundable security deposit for training.
- Providing standardized Cost norms for skill development activities in the State in line with the common guidelines of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
Shishir Sinha, IAS
Development Commissioner – cum – Chairman, Governing Council, Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM)
Dipak Kumar Singh, IAS
Principal Secretary, Labour Resources cum Chief Executive Officer – Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM)
Tel: (0612) - 2213855
Sanjay Kumar Singh, IAS
Addl. CEO, BSDM
Tel: (0612) - 2213855
Ashok Kumar Singh
State Project Management Unit, BSDM
1. Amit Kumar Pandey, Project Director
2. Ratnadeep Singh, Manager-MIS & Monitoring
3. Sanjay Singh, Manager-Social mobilization and Grievance Redressal
4. Surojeet Chandan, Manager Skill Gap and training Need Analysis
5. Raman Kumar, Manager-Finance & Procurement
6. Abhishek Srivastava, Manager-Placement
7. Rezwan U Ahmed, Manager-Rural Development/NRLM
8. Nilesh Kumar Mishra-Manager-Health and Nutrition
9. Rajesh Agarwal, Manager- Education / Vocational Education in School/Certification of Skills through Open School System
10. Saurav Mitra, Manager-Construction
11. Mohammad Hasib, Manger-Animal Husbandry and Fisheries
12. Yogesh Kumar, Manager-Agriculture
13. Pravesh Chandra, Manager-Information Technology
14. Naveen Singh, Manager-Urban Development
15. Chandan Rout, Manager-Tourism and Hospitality
Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) is a Society registered on 23rd June 2010 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (Registration No.: 896/2010-11 and managed by three tier governance; The Governing Council (GC), the Executive Committee (EC) and the State Programme Management Unit (SPMU).
The GC was presided over by the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of Bihar and the EC was headed by the Development Commissioner, Govt. of Bihar. However, in June 2016, the GC and EC were restructured and currently the GC is headed by the Development Commissioner, Govt. of Bihar and the EC is headed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM). Further, Mission Director, BSDM is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, organising and supervising day to day work of the Mission and is supported by a State Programme Management Unit (SPMU).