Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) (Assistant Commandants) Examination , 2012
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold a written Examination on 11th November 2012 for recruitment of 401 posts (BSF-94, CRPF-223, CISF-44, ITBP-26, SSB-14) of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP and SSB.Eligibility:
- Age : Not less than 20 years and not more than 25 years as
on 1st August, 2012. The upper age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and
certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor's degree of any recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in notice.
- Sex : Both male and female candidates are eligible for
appointment to CRPF and CISF. However, only male candidates are eligible
for appointment to BSF, ITBP and SSB.
- Possession of NCC B or C Certificate will be a desirable qualification. The desirable qualifications will be given consideration at the time of Interview/ Personality Test only.
- Pay Scale : PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 grade pay Rs.5400/-
Selection Procedure : Selection will be based on the basis of a written examination to be conducted on 11/11/2012 by the UPSC followed by Physcial Standards/ Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Test to be conducted by the Miistry of Home Affairs and the Personality Test/ Interview to be conducted by UPSC.
Application Form: Candidates are required to apply Online at UPSC website, however for certain candidates, offline facility is available and these candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the Commission for its examinations, which can be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/ Post offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 30/- only.
Fee: Rs.200/- (SC/ST/Women candidates are exempted) to be deposited in Branches of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
How To Apply: Apply Online at UPSC website http://upsconline.nic.in/
mainmenu2.php upto 27/08/2012.
Candidates can obtain details of the examination at http://upsc.gov.in/exams/
notifications/2012/cpf/ cpf2012_eng.pdf and instructions etc.